Hello fellow alumni members from the Class of 1977 of Memorial High School in San Antonio, Texas!
And greetings from Los Angeles, California where I have been living since 1984.
I started this blog in order to have a central place of communication for the Memorial High School Class of 1977 members. Our 30th reunion is next year. (Wow, has it been that long? It sure does not seem that long to me.) I gather the reunion will be a major topic of discussion. However, I hope this blog can serve as a vehicle to reconnect to each other.
Who would have guessed in 1977 that the "internet" would exist as a major communicate tool. Our society has advanced so much in the technological area so that even if we are apart, we can still connect.
I encourage you to post your comments. I will try to figure out who in San Antonio is planning to organize this reunion. I'm sure folks outside the city like me can get involved in some way despite the distance.
So please share your thoughts on this blog. All you have to do is CLICK on "comments" below this post. A "pop up" will appear; you can then write whatever you want. Let's get the dialogue going. I hope we are able to get a large number of our class members to participate in this blog. In the future I will add other topics and even ask some of you to contribute. (For example, I already know someone who is moving from SA to Hawaii with his family this December. I would love for him to post about his adventures of starting a new life out there.)
So back to the reunion. Who wants a reunion? Who can help? What kind of reunion would you want?
Chat away! Let's reconnect with each other. Perhaps we'll even get new people to join us who did not attend the 1987 and 1997 reunions. :-)
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Juan this is so cool! I am very interested in helping get something together for a celebration of our times at Memorial. I will pass this on so others can get the info too. donna
YEAH!
Donna your the first post. Email others and tell them to come to this web site.
I just created this on 11/15/06. GOOGLE provides this service for free and it was easier to create than I thought!
I spoke to Liz Castillo today. So I will update later this week once we have more people commenting.
Sorry I missed the reunion, I didn't look hard enough until today
2/12/08. my email address is jgvalerio100@yahoo.com I'd love to hear from you all.
Julia (Gonzalez) Valerio
This blog is great for our class - I didn't realized that Juan had created this site. WOW Fantastic! Hope everyone is doing well - Hope to keep looking at this blog site for reunion annoucements. I've been detached from the scence and hope to attend our next reunion. Signed Antonio Rodriguez
Post a Comment